Being on wordpress for eight years is no joke, and not easy. Maintaining a blog entails a lot of time and hard work and at the least, one should not forget the username (because I always forget my password) and the rest will follow. Continue reading “Eight Years on WordPress”
Sa wakas ay personal ko ng nakadaupang palad ang mga bloggers na noo’y nakakausap ko lang virtually. Napatunayan ko na talagang tao at hindi bot ang nasa likod ng bawat rant, opinyon at kwentong nababasa ko.
Yesterday as my mind was slowly turning into ashes as work keeps burning out every bit of me, for reasons unknown I opened my personal mail and out of all the 500++ mails on my inbox in which 99% are posts from WP bloggers, there’s this one email that caught my attention. Continue reading “An Email From A Reader (My reply, actually)”
Your first reaction to my post title could be two thumbs down or just a loud ‘Boo!’ You might not even want to read this post after reading the title as you might think what a faker I am to do this but if you are not that judgmental and if you are open minded (this is not networking though) you might want to read this until the end.
An Indonesian author said, his books are like his children. On my case since I haven’t published any book yet, my posts are my children.
Each of my posts has their own story and character, just like kids. Some of them are too emotional, some too hilarious and some are full of angst. Though its not good for a mother to have a favorite child (or children), I do have several posts that are closest to my heart.
Lately ko lang nalaman na ‘big thing’ din pala sa Pinas ang blogging. Akala ko sa ibang bansa lang ‘yan uso. Akala ko hindi masyadong ‘in’ sa Pinas ang blogging, at ang mga bloggers ay mga tulad ko at tulad mong nagbabasa nito na hindi mainstream at pasulat-sulat lang dahil mahilig lang talaga magsulat. Pero huli na pala ako sa balita at mga pangyayari.
This same day, 5 years ago, my very first post was published. That post wasn’t the best but hey, that’s how aysabaw.com started.
Yey! I have another Liebster Award (again???!!!! ha ha) courtesy of Juarla of Keeping Up with the Introvert. I’d like to thank her for such a lovely award and hey! Please do check out her blog! She’s up to a 3-writing-challenges-in-a-day for the whole month.
So, Liebster Award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. So I think it’s a cool way to show appreciation to some of your fave blogs and to introduce newbies as well.
•Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
•Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
•Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
•Let the bloggers know you nominated them
•Give them 11 questions of your own.
These are my answers to Juarla’s questions:
• Why did you start blogging?
Sorry but I’ve said the reason countless times already ha ha and I don’t want to bore people here. Pass please.
• Which of the five senses would you say is the strongest?
Sense of…smell… I guess.
• What three things do you think most each day?
I don’t even know. It varies ha ha. But most of the time I think about food and coffee.
• If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Keep off the green green grass of home.
• What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
• What’s the weirdest talent you have?
I am weird but I don’t have a talent LOL. jk. Instead of talent, can I just say something else that’s weird? I cannot draw a straight line even with the use of a ruler.
• If you could take only three items with you to a deserted island, what would they be and why?
Kaldero, sandok at kumot. ha ha ha (Cauldron, ladle and blanket). I’m being practical here LOL.
• Favorite album, why?
I actually don’t have any.
• What song sums up your life right now?
Ironic by Alanis Morisette.
• Favorite childhood memory?
This is funny but my favorite childhood memory was my first political exposure when my Uncle brought me to Miriam Defensor Santiago’s Presidential Campaign in Araneta Colliseum back in 1992. I can remember that I did not understand whatever she said because it was all in English. She was wearing a pair of red blouse and skirt.
• How do you want to be remembered?
I want to be remembered by people around me as the sun that shines on them the day after a cold rainy night or a hot soup that warms up everyone’s empty stomach on a cold rainy afternoon. Ever so dramatic lol but I think the latter suits me well.
And so, I would like to nominate these bloggers. I think they are fairly new here and I hope that they could participate.
itsmicaejamora >>> she is not new to blogging but for some reasons, I need to nominate her ha ha ha
***Ooops. a total of 13 nominees…anyway… ***
My questions for you:
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
- If you would be a plant or an animal, what would you be and why?
- If you could borrow someone else’s body for a day, who would that be and what would you do?
- If you could eat only 3 foods in a month, what would these be?
- If there would be a zombie outbreak, what would you do?
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why?
- What is the last book that you’ve read? Did you like it or not? Why?
- If you are to be a superhero, who would you be and why? (You can choose among the fictional ones or you could create your own)
- If you have 1 million dollars in your hand, what would you do?
- What skill would you like to learn and why?
- What song best describes how you feel at the moment?
And since she’s literally new, like – she just started blogging yesterday, she doesn’t have much to nominate as yet. So I have taken the liberty to answer the questions that she posed.
1. If you’re given the chance to change the world what will be the first thing that you will change?
This is a tough question, pass – next question please haha. Honestly, I don’t know. I think it’s not the world that needs changing but the heart and the mindset of the human race.
2. Since when did you start blogging?
3. Who is your favorite author? Why?
My favorites are Khaled Hosseini, Tan Twan Eng and Jonas Jonasson.
I like the first two because they write beautiful but heart wrenching novels and they write historical fiction which is what I am really into.
While the first two makes my heart drench in tears, the last one, Jonas makes me cry out of sheer laughter. His novels are just hilarious.
4. If you will to invent a machine, what machine will it look like and what it is for?
Time Machine of course. Time travel has always fascinated me. I just don’t have any idea how a time machine will or should look like.
5.If you’re given the chance to meet someone in the past who will it be? why?
This for sure is Jose Rizal. I have always been fascinated by this gentleman and I’ve become really really interested with him after reading Ambeth Ocampo’s Rizal Without the Overcoat. I want to hear his voice actually haha and I want to see how his daily life is like.
Again, thanks Dinahfaye!