February, where did you actually go?
I remember drafting my post I Laughed My Way into February and I thought I just published it yesterday. I can’t believe that it’s the last day of the month already.
What did actually happen to me this month?
- This month is full of goodbyes. It is sad to see my dear colleagues leave the company but this is life. Everybody leaves. It’s just a matter of time.
- I was only able to read one book this month, well, just the same in January. I was too busy with friends, music and eye shadow (LOL).
- I mentioned last month that I learned a Dhivehi song. Well now, I learned two. And me and my “band mates” got to sing it during one of the staff gatherings and I have not heard my heart beat so loud for so long till that day. During our performance, I felt that my voice wasn’t coming out and that I was about to choke the whole time. My hands and knees were shaking and my fingers were playing the wrong chords. I have performed several times in front of a crowd, but I just played the guitar. Just playing is a different story and is quite bearable. But singing and playing is quite an experience.
- My Happy mantra is still on the go. I only had one angry day this month when my male colleagues didn’t allow me to go for a fishing trip. But you know what actually pissed me off? It’s because they told me “it’s a man’s thing.” Seriously? It’s just not fair.
- I haven’t gone swimming for more than a week now because of my pigsa. I miss the sea.
- I subscribed to a weekly newsletter of to be honest, an author that I don’t know. I can’t remember her name till the next newsletter comes. Regardless, she sometimes sends topics just at the right time and her latest newsletter is something I really liked. I am quoting the first paragraph of her newsletter here:
If there is one thing I want for you more than anything else, it’s people. I want you surrounded by the best of them. You don’t need a massive army. You really just need a few good people who will walk with you, give you the truth when you need it, and push you to be the best version of yourself. They’ll encourage you and pick you up off the ground. They’ll be the proud ones, holding up the poster with your name on it, when you come walking out of the woods.
For those who aren’t very happy at the moment, check out the people you are surrounding yourself with. Maybe it’s time for a change.
My February is quite an experience and I am happily greeting the month of March. How about you, how did your February go?